406 Liberty Road, Smithville, MO 64089
Online Only Auction
Ranch Home * Walkout Basement * Large Lot
Online Bidding Closes: Wednesday, November 6th @ 6:00 PM. (CST)
Register & Bid Online: www.AuctionKansasCity.com
Property Preview Dates: Tuesday, October 15th from (5 - 7pm)
Sunday, October 20th from (2 - 4pm)
** Personal Property is being sold in a separate Online Only Auction, and may be previewed on the same dates. For more information, contact the Auction Company at 877.318.0438 or visit www.AuctionKansasCity.com **
Directions: From 169 Highway in Smithville, turn East on W. Main Street and go through downtown to Liberty Road, turn South and the home is located approximately 3 blocks south of Main Street, about halfway up the hill. Watch for Auction signs.
General Description: This ranch style home built in 1957 offers 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths (1.5 upstairs, .75 downstairs), large windows, and a partially finished walkout basement with a kitchenette, office space, and additional living area. The generously sized kitchen has ample room for dining and plenty of storage space, while the large windows in the living room look over the almost one-half acre lawn. The home is just a few blocks from downtown Smithville and its shops, restaurants and parks. It is also in close proximity to the Smithville schools and offers an easy commute to Kansas City and St. Joseph. The town of Smithville is a growing community with a small-town feel. Also located in the immediate area is the 7,190 acre Smithville Lake and its camping, boating, fishing, trails, picnic areas, beaches, disc golf, and more!
- 1,216 sq. ft. main level
- Master with attached half bath
- Spacious Eat-In Kitchen
- Living Room with lots of windows
- Covered front porch
- Full walkout basement with
- Living Area
- ¾ Bath
- Office Space
- Workshop Area
- Smithville School District
- Large 180’ x 150’ lot
Seller: Fred Snider
Broker | Auctioneer: Richard Shawn Terrel, Missouri License #2012000450
THIS IS A LEGALLY BINDING DOCUMENT. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SET FORTH HEREIN, PLEASE CONSULT AN ATTORNEY PRIOR TO SIGNING.
I ________________________________ (Buyer) agree to immediately enter into a Purchase Contract if I am declared the high bidder (winning bidder) by the auctioneer during the following auction:
- 406 Liberty Rd., Smithville, MO 64089.
Legally described as:
All that part of the Southeast Quarter of the Southwest Quarter of Section 23, Township 53, Range 33 in
the City of Smithville, Clay County, Missouri, described as follows: Beginning at a point in the East line of the Southeast Quarter of the Southwest Quarter of said Section 23, that is South 0 degrees 28 minutes
22 seconds East, a distance of 203.0 feet from the Southeast corner of "Kidwell's Addition" a recorded
subdivision in the City of Smithville, thence continuing South 0 degrees 28 minutes 22 seconds East,
along the East line of said Quarter Quarter section a distance of 115 feet, thence South 89 degrees 26
minutes West, a distance of 200.0 feet, thence North 0 degrees 28 minutes 22 seconds West, a distance
of 115 feet, thence North 89 degrees 26 minutes East, a distance of 200.0 feet to the Point of Beginning,
subject to that part, if any, in streets, roadways, highways or other public rights-of-way.
- Online Bidding Opens on Wednesday, October 9thth 2019 at 6:00 pm (CT)
- Online Bidding Closes on Wednesday, November 6th 2019 at 6:00 pm (CT)
By signing below, I agree that I have read and fully understand the Online Auction Bidders Agreement and the Terms and Conditions of this auction.
I fully understand and agree that an Online Auction Bidders Agreement MUST be signed and returned to United Country – Kansas City Auction and Realty, prior to being allowed to bid in the Online Auction. As a bidder, it is solely my responsibility to contact the auction company at (877) 318-0438 with any questions regarding the auction, purchase agreement or terms & conditions, prior to placing any bids in said auction.
Online Auction Terms & Conditions
- Seller’s Confirmation Auction: The property is being offered in an Online Only Auction, with all bids being subject to Seller’s Confirmation.
- Bidding Registration: Online bidder hereby agrees that they must be properly registered for the online auction by completing and signing the (Online Auction Bidders Agreement), which will be sent by email via DocuSign. Upon completing this registration form and receiving approval, bidding privileges will be turned on. If you need assistance with registration, you may contact Lucinda Terrel at (816) 420-6257 or by email at LTerrel@UC-KC.com. Seller(s) may at their sole discretion request additional registration requirements from any bidder unknown to them or the auction company.
- Bidding Opens/Closes: The Online Only Auction (i.e. Internet Auction) bidding shall be opened and begin closing on the dates and times stated above.
- Property Preview Dates: A representative from the Auction Company will be on location October 15th from 5-7 pm and October 20th from 2-4 pm. It is highly recommended that all bidders personally inspect the property prior to placing any bids in the auction. Property inspections are the sole responsibility of the bidders and can be conducted during the property preview dates as advertised. The property may also be inspected by scheduling an appointment with the Auction company at (877)318-0438.
- Cash Offer/No Financing Contingency: By participating in this auction, bidders hereby agree that their bid shall NOT be subject to the bidder’s ability to obtain financing. By placing a bid in this auction, bidders are making a “cash offer” to purchase the property. Financing is NOT a contingency in the purchase agreement.
- Buyer’s Premium: A Five Percent (5%) Buyer’s Premium shall be added to the final bid price place online, which will determine the Total Contract Sales Price. Bidders hereby understand that the Buyer’s Premium shall be added to the winning bid to create the Total Contract Sales Price for which they are obligated to pay for the property.
- Purchase Contract: Winning bidder hereby agrees to enter into a Contract to Purchase the property immediately upon being declared the Successful Bidder by the Auctioneer. Upon the close of the auction the winning bidder will be forwarded via email an Auction Real Estate Sales Contract to purchase the property. A signed copy of the Auction Real Estate Sales Contract must be received by United Country – Kansas City Auction and Realty no later than 24 hours from the time said Purchase Contract was sent to the winning bidder. The Auction Real Estate Sales Contract may be (hand delivered, faxed, or scanned and emailed). A sample purchase contract is available for review online prior to placing any bids in the auction.
- Down Payment: a Ten Percent (10%) non-refundable down payment based on the total contract purchase price (which includes the buyer’s premium) will be wire transferred or hand delivered in the form of certified funds to the Title Company no later than 48 hours following the close of auction. See closing agents contact information below. The balance of the purchase price will be due in full at closing.
- Closing: Closing shall be on or by Friday, December 6th, 2019. Closing shall take place at Platte County Title, 2000 Kentucky Ave., #B, Platte City, MO 64079. Phone number is (816)858-5498. Out of state buyers will be afforded the opportunity to close via email, mail and wire transfer of certified funds.
- Easements: The sale of the property is subject to any and all easements of record.
- Minerals: The seller’s share of minerals (if any) will transfer with the surface at closing.
- Survey: Seller shall not require any additional survey and if the Buyer desires additional survey, it shall be at the Buyer’s sole expense.
- Possession: Possession of the property will be given upon payment in full of the purchase price and transfer of title, at closing.
- Title Insurance: Title Insurance in the full amount of the purchase price will be provided by the seller. Seller shall execute a general warranty deed conveying the property to the buyer(s).
- Taxes: Seller shall pay the 2018 and all prior year real estate taxes. 2019 real estate taxes will be Pro-Rated to the date of closing.
- Online Auction Technology (Disclaimer): Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against United Country – Kansas City Auction and Realty, or anyone else, if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction. Online bidding is subject to technology faults and issues which are outside the control of the auction company. Bidder(s) are encouraged to use the “Maximum Bid” feature on the bidding platform and lock in their maximum bid amount, if they are concerned about technology failure during the auction.
- Soft Close: If a bid is received within the last 3 minutes of the auction, the auction close time will automatically extend 3 minutes to allow other bidders an opportunity to competitively bid prior to the auction closing. This feature eliminates "snipers" and encourages fair and impartial bidding from all participants.
- Disclaimer: All information provided is believed to be accurate; however, no liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed. All lines drawn on maps, photographs, etc. are approximate. Buyers should verify the information to their satisfaction. Information is subject to change without notice. There are no warranties either expressed or implied pertaining to this property. Real estate is being sold "As-Is, Where-Is" with NO warranties expressed or implied. Please make all inspections and have financing arranged prior to the end of bidding. The Auctioneer reserves the right to bid on behalf of the Seller up to, but not beyond the Seller’s reserve price (if applicable). The property is available for and subject to sale prior to auction. By participating in this auction, Buyers hereby acknowledge that any bid(s) placed by them is a binding agreement to purchase the property, subject to the bid being approved by Seller (if applicable).
- Pre-Auction Sales: As an exclusive agent for the Seller, the Auctioneer shall present any and all bona fide written offers to the Seller, which may be created outside of the online bidding platform. Therefore, all properties are subject to pre-auction sales. Pre-auction offers must meet all of the auction terms and conditions, and must be submitted to the Auctioneer on the Auction Real Estate Sales Contract, along with the required earnest deposit. Properly submitted offers will be presented to the Seller in a timely manner. Seller may accept or reject such offer at their sole and absolute discretion.